Monday, March 23, 2009

FIRST DAY!

We're finally here!!!! Our flight(s) went well, though my ears don't handle altitudes well... I was never so happy to finally reach the hotel and our room so I can finally change my clothes after a longgggg day of travelling. I nearly forgot where my passport was as we went through customs, which would NOT have been good, but for the most part everything went smoothly.

So here we are, in the sunny DR, at the hospital before our first day at the bateys. We spent last night once we settled in sorting out all the toiletries, medicines and other toys. It was EXHAUSTING.. Sunday felt like a week itself within a day. I'm so excited to finally get out there today, though. I'm signed up to work in the pharmacy-basically helping give out the medications to everyone with scripts. It's supposed to be hectic, but we can handle it! It's been great so far.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Shyloe, good to hear from. I was a little bit worried but I am fine and know that you are in good hands. I can also see that you are having a good time. I know this will be a good experience and eye opener for you.

    Take care
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Shyloe! I'm glad that you made it there safe and sound. How's the weather there now? Please do take in each and every experience! As for us, guess what? Aunte Vic sent me a few pic of Iunda the other day. She's a big girl. But anyway, tell us what you did today.
    Take care.
    Deddeh - big sis #1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Moses Brown Students, teachers and DR staff,
    We wish you safe journey and fair winds as you travel through the Bateys dispensing smiles, love and the true MB spirit of giving. We are so proud of all that you are doing and know that this will be an icredible experience for all. We will keep you all in our daily thoughts and prayers. We look forward to all your updates.
    Peace and love,
    Suzie, Habib and the Gorgi clan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't have much to say, but take pictures and focus on why you're down there in the first place: not just to have fun, but to help people.

    Nothing new elsewise....
    Lorpu - big sis #2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shyloe,
    Wonderful. I love any news. By you sharing you give us part of yourself and your experience. You are so fortunate to have this opportunity. The good works you do represent us and our country. I have been praying for you each day and more than once.
    stay healthy. The patients need you
    Sue Donat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shyloe,
    I am glad you finally made it to the DR. I hope you and all your friends from MB will have a wonderful time and leave a lasting impression on all the people you will meet in the DR. I am looking forward to the next update.
    Love,
    Daddy (Liberia, West Africa)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Shyloe, we did not see any blog from you today. How are everyone doing? How was the second day at the Batey in the pharmacy? We are all praying for all of you to be safe in whatever you do for those less fortunate. Please let us know how your day was spent.

    Stay healthy
    Frances

    ReplyDelete