Monday, March 16, 2009

Expectations for the Trip

It is my pleasure to join this trip in 2009. I went to the DR in 2007, an experience which changed my life. The outlook and perspective one gathers from an experience like this can only be considered life-changing. When you look into a child's eyes that is living in relative poverty but is still quite happy, you get a sense that the the trivial things we get upset about in the United States aren't really that important in retrospect. It has shown me what is truly important; family, friends, community. I can't wait to help a new group of Bateys in a week and experience this trip with a new, eager group that is ready to work. It will be an amazing experience for us all and I can hardly wait for next week.
-Liam Miner

No comments:

Post a Comment